Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Eggs

Did you know the Post Office will mail anything under 13 ounces...anything?!  Last week, we mailed Easter Eggs to Harper's cousins, aunts & uncles.  They were super easy to put together and the element of surprise in mailing an egg was awesome!

I started by printing Harper's Easter pics into a wallet size.  Then, I gathered some eggs, candy, stickers, toys, etc.
Each egg had a variation of items stuffed into it
I added a sticker label with addresses and sealed them using colorful duct tape.  Then, I brought them to the Post Office for them to add the postage right onto the egg and they mailed them just like this.  Awesome!

The best part was the response from the Post Office worker when I brought the eggs to the counter.  Check out this website for some great ideas and then get creative - I've already got a few other ideas brewing in my head to send next...fun, fun, fun!  http://www.giverslog.com/?tag=happy-mail

4 comments:

  1. so cool! i am going to copy this idea! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Lisa! This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was the cutest idea! It was such a fun suprise to find in our mail box just before Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What a fun idea...I might have to try this too!

    ReplyDelete